In Episode #4 of The Wandering DP Podcast we share part 2 of our interview with Belgian cinematographer Bjorn Charpentier. If you missed the first part of our interview you can listen to it here: TWDP Episode #3
Bjorn is a gifted cinematographer with a client list including Visa, Coca-Cola, the European Parliament, Nike, Leica and many many more.
In the second part of this interview we hear how Bjorn decides between the Arri Alexa and the Red Epic on specific jobs, his experience with the Freefly Movi gimbal, and learn a few camera & lens tricks that Bjorn has up his sleeve for emergencies.
Bjorn also goes in to detail about his latest projects shooting for Nike and Leica ads.
In case you missed this last episode be sure to download Bjorn Charpentier’s lighting and camera breakdown for his commercial for the Red Cross. Lots of great info and insight in to his working process.
To get instant access to that PDF simply click on the button below.
Things You Will Learn in this Episode:
– How Bjorn decides on his camera package for a job
– The exact settings Bjorn uses on his lenses to achieve his looks
– How your breath can save a shot
– Why gaffers on his shoots aren’t his biggest fans
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Bjorn Charpentier’s Website
- Samsonite Commercial – Shot by Bjorn
- Freefly Movi Gimbal System
- Elite Anamorphic Lenses – Bjorn Charpentier’s Personal Choice for Anamorphics
- Danny Elsen – Cinematographer
- Depron – Foam Insulation/A Cinematographer’s Dream
- Worldwide Production Agency – Bjorn’s Cinematography Representatives
Looper Promo Video by Rian Johnson:
Capturing Better Images
A Nice Hazer Example:
Shane Hurlbut’s article on hazers and smoke machines: Hazers
Thanks for Listening
Thanks again for listening to the show. If you find the content valuable please share the podcast using the social media buttons on this page.
Also, reviews for the podcast on itunes are extremely helpful for the getting the word out about the show. If you can take a second to write an honest review that would be greatly appreciated. The more reviews the more people the show can reach and I do take on board all the comments to try and make the show as good as possible.
And lastly, don’t forget to subscribe on Itunes or Stitcher to make sure you are always up to date with the latest episodes from the podcast or even better, sign up to The Wandering DP Newsletter to get automatic updates on new podcasts as well as blog posts and exclusive downloads. To join click the link below.